Security continues to be top of mind for large enterprises as well as smaller organizations and businesses. Furthermore, cloud security continues to puzzle many security leaders and technologists. That is why we are excited to announce the launch of the Cloud Security Podcast by Google.
This podcast will bring you stories and insights on security in the cloud, delivering security from the cloud, and, of course, on what we’re doing at Google Cloud to help keep customer data safe and workloads secure. We’ll do our best to avoid security theater (but perhaps have some reverse security theater), and cut to the heart of real security questions and issues. We’ll question threat models and determine whether security tactics are deployed for the data subject’s benefit or just for organizational benefit.
From our partners:
We hope you’ll join us if you’re interested in the ways technology overlaps with process and bumps up against organizational design. We’re hoping to attract listeners who want to hear conventional wisdom questioned, who are curious about what lessons we can and can’t keep, as the world moves from on-premises computing to cloud computing.
Launching a podcast is a commitment to listeners and our guests. We’re starting out with three episodes available, each 20-25 minutes, and have plenty more planned for the next weeks and months. If you have topics you’re interested in hearing about, please reach out and let us know.
Your cloud security podcast hosts are Anton Chuvakin, Head of Solutions Strategy, and Timothy Peacock, Product Manager, both at Google Cloud. We both have long backgrounds in security, Anton with many years as a Gartner analyst, and Tim with nearly a decade of experience managing enterprise security products.
All of our episodes can be found below, and you can expect more to come every few weeks.
Episode 1 “Confidentially Speaking” (episode download link)
- Guest: Nelly Porter, Group Product Manager @ Google.
- Topics covered:
- What is confidential computing?
- What risks are mitigated by confidential computing?
- What types of organizations must adopt confidential computing?
- How and where the data is encrypted?
- Resources: Confidential computing at Google Cloud
Episode 2 “Data Security in the Cloud” (episode download link)
- Guest: Andrew Lance, Founder of Sidechain
- Topics covered:
- What is special about data security in the cloud?
- How data security plays in the shift from perimeter and network security to identity-based security?
- Can I use detective data security controls and turn them into preventative controls?
- Resources: “Designing and deploying a data security strategy with Google Cloud” paper
Episode 3 “Automate and/or Die?” (episode download link)
- Guest: Joe Crawford, formerly in charge of cloud-native security at a large bank
- Topics covered:
- Can we automatically remediate (or is it response!) vulnerabilities and threats in the cloud?
- Did you require humans to be in the loop for your automation? Is that still automation if we do?
- Does security’s fear of automation have a place in the cloud?
After the first three episodes above, the topics we plan to cover in the near future include:
- Zero trust approach to security
- Modern Security Operations Centers (SOC)
- Security during cloud migration
- Role of IAM in cloud security
- More on data security in the cloud
- The role of trust in cloud security
- Cloud-native network security
- Container security
You can reach your hosts on Twitter (@CloudSecPodcast), and we really hope to hear from you, whether you agree or disagree with our takes. Please also suggest new topics for us to cover!
See you at Cloud Security Podcast by Google.
By Anton Chuvakin(Head of Solutions Strategy) and Timothy Peacock(Product Manager)
Source: Google Cloud Blog
For enquiries, product placements, sponsorships, and collaborations, connect with us at email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you!
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!