Creating an effective and scalable dashboard can be a time consuming process. But with Looker, analysts are no longer stuck re-writing tedious SQL queries. In our upcoming webinar, we’ll show you how to go from tables in BigQuery to a real-time, operational dashboard in Looker, in less than 30 minutes.
Why use Looker + BigQuery?
BigQuery is Google Cloud’s fully managed enterprise data warehouse. BigQuery has a slew of features that make it a powerful tool for creating meaningful analyses:
From our partners:
- Support for nested records, partitioning, clustering and an in-memory execution engine make it simple to store and query huge amounts of data
- Built in machine learning (BQML) opens up endless possibilities to create powerful AI workflows
- Robust integrations with the Google ecosystem allow for easy data ingestion, including streaming inserts in real-time
Looker is a modern business intelligence and analytics platform. Its in-database architecture means that you can take full advantage of all BigQuery has to offer. Looker’s single-source-of-truth data model, LookML, allows analysts to create metric definitions using SQL – meaning they can easily incorporate GIS, BQML and any other BigQuery functions. Queries surfaced in Looker leverage partitions, clusters, materialized views, and BI Engine wherever possible – meaning ashboards are always fast and fresh.
Ready to learn more? In the webinar, we’ll cover how to:
- Connect your BigQuery project to Looker
- Automatically generate a new data model based on your table schemas
- Create custom calculations that leverage key BigQuery functions
- Explore your findings and uncover actionable insights
Join me on May 6 for a demo on how to model, analyze, and visualize your BigQuery data in Looker. Make sure to also follow me on Linkedin and Twitter to stay up to date on BigQuery and Looker news. For details on Looker + BigQuery best practices, follow along with this whitepaper.
By: Leigha Jarett (Developer Advocate)|
Source: Google Cloud Blog
For enquiries, product placements, sponsorships, and collaborations, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!