We’re excited to share that Gartner has recognized Google Cloud’s Apigee as a Leader in the 2021 Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management, marking the sixth time in a row we’ve earned this recognition. We believe this achievement is a testimony to Google Cloud’s differentiated vision for API management and strong track record of delivering continuous product innovation. In this year’s report, Apigee is placed highest among all the vendors for the ability to execute. We want to take this opportunity to thank our thriving community of customers, developers and partners for voicing their opinion.
APIs are one of the key mechanisms through which organizations bring digital-first strategies to life in the form of new experiences and applications for partners and customers. To get the most out of these APIs in an efficient and scalable manner, API management is a must and partnering with the right API management vendor is critical to building and scaling a successful API program. Research from industry analyst firms like Gartner can help enterprises evaluate and choose the right solution.
Many enterprise customers like Nationwide Insurance, ABN Amro, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Pizza Hut chose Google Cloud’s Apigee as their API management partner. Our mission is to help our customers make the leap to digital excellence – the ability to rapidly and repeatedly deploy and scale, and to consistently deliver on digital programs. We want to support our customers in building profitable API-based platforms and delivering measurable business outcomes.
“APIs allow Veolia to access new ecosystems and partners that will bring new innovation opportunities for us. Apigee helps us quickly and easily deliver great customer experiences. It abstracts away the backend IT complexity, and helps us provide information and data to our customers quickly, consistently and securely,” – Pascal Dalla-Torre, Group CTO at Veolia.
As part of this vision, we are focused on delivering continuous innovation.
- Achieve hyperscale – To help customers scale globally, connect their distributed workforce, and collaborate with regional partners using APIs, we announced Apigee X earlier this year. It’s a major release of our API management platform that seamlessly weaves together Google Cloud’s expertise in AI, security and networking to help enterprises efficiently manage the assets on which digital transformation initiatives are built.
- Developer efficiency – Developers today are using multiple tools to address their API and integration needs. Adding to the complexity is the proliferation of newer API styles and software development tools. Therefore, we recently announced Apigee Integration, a unified platform for API and integration needs, Apigee Adapter for Envoy to support microservices needs, support for new API styles like GraphQL, flexibility of using existing SDLC tools to manage APIs, and fulfilment solutions for conversational AI.
- Democratizing application development – Across industries, tech savvy employees outside of the IT teams are increasingly using no-code development tools like AppSheet to build internal applications. To help organizations extend their API management investments to these tech savvy employees, we continue to invest in integrations between Apigee and AppSheet platforms.
- AIOps for APIs – In a digital excellence strategy, APIs take the center stage acting as the central nervous system for connecting various customer and employee facing applications. Therefore, ensuring APIs are always available and performing as expected is critical. To overcome monitoring challenges of hyperscale API programs, we harness the power of Google’s industry-leading machine learning capabilities to equip API operators with capabilities such as anomaly detection.
- Industry-specific solutions – To reduce the time to market of new digital programs and address specific industry requirements, we delivered a robust set of API industry accelerators such as Open Banking, Health APIx, eCommerce modernization, and Contact Center AI fulfilment for Telco.
We are honored to be a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle Management and look forward to continuing to innovate and partner with you on your digital transformation journey. Download the full report here (requires an email address). To learn more about Apigee, visit the website here.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management, Shameen Pillai, Kimihiko Iijima, Mark O’Neill, John Santoro, Akash Jain, Fintan Ryan,28th September 2021.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Google(Apigee).
By: Vikas Anand (Head of Products, Business Application Platform, Google Cloud)
Source: Google Cloud Blog